Hi, I'm Macil ("maysill"), and I'm a software developer.
I mainly post on Twitter, so if you want to keep up with me, follow me at @macil_tech.
I work on VRChat stuff sometimes. So far I've made one VRChat world with a couple public avatars available. I'm hoping to make a few more worlds sometime, maybe even some game worlds.
Here's a few other little things I've made:
- VRChat Avatar Creation Tips
- Tips for setting up the NKD Protogen VRChat avatar
- aocd, a Deno library and CLI tool for Advent of Code solutions
- lazy-pathfinding, a Deno and Node.js library for pathfinding algorithms
- streamdeck-rustplus, a Stream Deck plugin for controlling smart switches in the game Rust
- Compendium of Lesser Hyperlinks, a page with silly UI experiments
- NonEuclid, a Minecraft server plugin for making impossible overlapping pathways
- react-draggable-list, a React component for making reorderable lists
- react-menu-list, a React library for making dropdown menus
- react-multi-ref, a small utility for managing lists of element refs in React
- I write technical blog posts sometimes, but it's been a while.
- VRChat. No online game, MMO, forum, or social media site comes close to being as good as VRChat for meeting and hanging out with people. It's also a great platform as a programmer or 3d designer to show off your work to people.
- Web development. Many people underrate it, but the web is exciting! It's an application platform based on open standards with multiple open source implementations and no gatekeepers, unlike other application platforms.
- Typescript, Deno, Node, Webpack, Rust, WebAssembly
- Computer security, cryptography, reverse-engineering. I've patched vulnerabilities in many software projects and have received bug bounties from companies including Google. I've participated in security CTF events including CSAW's final round twice.
- AI, AI alignment, GPT
- Discord: macil
- Matrix: @Macil:matrix.org